Autoimmune Disease Treatment in Phoenix
What are autoimmune diseases?
Autoimmune disease is a category representing more than 80 conditions. These conditions are highlighted by a person’s own immune system attacking healthy tissue. A healthy immune system defends against infection and disease, repairing the body and even preventing cancers. However, in autoimmune disease the immune system mistakes healthy tissue as “bad” and attacks it. This weakens the function of the tissue and can even turn life threatening.
Some well known autoimmune diseases are type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), psoriasis, polyneuropathy, and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. These are just a few of more common autoimmune conditions.
What are the symptoms of autoimmune diseases?
Since autoimmune diseases can occur in separate areas of the body it is hard to list specific symptoms. An autoimmune condition like rheumatoid arthritis will have joint pain, while a condition like psoriasis will develop thick, scaly patches. Some autoimmune conditions, such as lupus, attack multiple parts of the body, so can have joint, skin, and organ symptoms. There’s typically not a “black and white” diagnoses.
Some commons symptoms seen are:
- Joint pain and swelling
- Skin problems
- Abdominal pain or digestive issues
- Recurring fever
- Swollen glands
Contact our office today!
How can stem cells help treat autoimmune disease?
Mesenchymal stem cells (aka medicinal signaling cells) are specialized cells in our body designed to improve the immune system and restore damaged tissue. Stem cell therapy with human umbilical cord tissue derived mesenchymal stem cells (UC-MSCs) corrects the inflammatory process by modulating the immune system from a pro-inflammatory attacking state to an anti-inflammatory healthy state. They also have the ability to regenerate damage done from the autoimmune attack. Stem cells do this by secreting healing activators such as growth factors, cytokines, and exosomes to the surrounding environment.
This therapy is the most highly sophisticated treatment for autoimmune disease management since it not only “manages” the pain and symptoms of autoimmune diseases but also heals and regenerates the tissue naturally. There’s an intricate process called the Th1 and Th2 immune response which is out of balance in autoimmune disease. Stem cell, aka medicinal signaling cells, signal the immune system to become balanced through an increase of Th3, Th17, and T-regulatory cells. This is just a small fraction of what’s going on when this amazing medicine is put in our body.
For the technically minded patients, MSCs inhibit autoimmune innate immune activation by blocking dendritic cell maturation, suppressing macrophage activation, and producing IL-1 antagonist and IL10 which block antigen presentation and perpetuating autoimmunity. These are just some of the known mechanisms. Also, an increase in T-reg cells helps balance the immune system and keeps it out of a pro-inflammatory state.
How are autoimmune disease treated with stem cell therapy?
The best route of administration is chosen by your doctor and depends on the patient and condition. If there is any brain issues we also administer into the nasal sinus, called a sphenopalatine ganglia administration. In the back of the nasal cavity is a small bundle of nerves that delivers the stem cell medicine to the brain.
What are the advantages of using allogenic (not the patient’s own) umbilical cord tissue derived stem cells?
- Umbilical cord tissue is one of the most abundant sources of stem cells, producing a greater number and quality of stem cells
- Stem cells are immune privileged, meaning there is no rejection by our bodies when administered
- Using UC-MSC means there’s no need for invasive procedures seen in bone-marrow or adipose derived stem cells. These methods also tend to produce inferior numbers and poorer quality of stem cells
- There is evidence that UC-MSCs are a more viable source compared to other MSC sources. Meaning they perform better at what MSCs do naturally
- UC-MSCs can be administered safely numerous times, each time adding more and more benefit. Unlike steroid injections which end up damaging your joints even more if administered to often
How is Innate Healthcare’s stem cell therapy protocols different from other clinics?
Our regenerative medicines come from the highest quality labs in the U.S. We follow our vast clinical experience and very well researched protocols from all over the world that achieve the best results. In addition, we treat using a very holistic, comprehensive approach. Some patient’s protocols may vary, as everyone is treated according to their unique presentation:
- We treat with very high, and safe, doses.
- Included with the treatment is other forms of healing, such as IV nutrients, and acupuncture, to facilitate the healing.
- Herbal medicines, nutraceuticals, and nutritional guidelines are provided.
- Patients are encouraged to return to the clinic for additional care during following months.
How can I get evaluated?
Simply set-up a consultation and exam with us and we’ll provide you with the best recommendation for treatment(s). Schedule yourself by clicking the link below or call us at 602.603.3118.